*This is a draft agenda and is subject to change
Keynote address: Interest rates strategy: How will monetary policies continue to support growth, shore up the currency, and fight the impact of inflation?
- Inflation, interest rates, currency and growth: Where are we? What is the trajectory?
- How will upcoming elections across the continent (specifically Colombia Brazil and Mexico) impact interest rates in Peru and Colombia? What policies will the Central Bank implement to maintain stability?
- Protecting the peso and countering inflation vs. supporting GDP: How will policy-makers set interest rates?
- What impact will Venezuela’s default have on interest rates in Colombia and Peru?
Macroeconomic outlook: In which direction are growth, inflation, rates and commodities heading and what impact will these have on Andean economies?
- Elections and geo-political rifts: How much will these shocks disrupt the Andean markets?
- Is inflation in Colombia under control? What impact is inflation having on growth and consumer spending?
- Trends in energy and metals prices: How do peaks and troughs affect the economy and the markets?
Chile, Colombia and Peru’s ratings outlook: Where are the pressure points?
- Ratings updates for Andean economies: Positive, stable, negative?
- What can be done to stabilise credit ratings in Chile, Colombia and Peru?
- How do sovereigns and corporates protect their ratings against downgrades?
Pricing assets in the new norm: How are fixed income assets being priced given anticipated interest rates, FX and political volatility?
- Country risk and bond curves: Where are we headed in 2018?
- How are falls in energy prices putting pressure on Colombian and Peruvian bonds?
- What does the Venezuela default mean to the rest of the Andean fixed income market?
- How are fixed income asset managers generating positive returns in a rising rate environment?
Broadening the issuer and investor base: How to develop an Andean High Yield bond market
- Gauging investor appetite for Andean High Yield bonds: Is the hunt for yield really on?
- Cost, structure, timing, transparency: Which Peruvian and Colombian companies are candidates to issue High Yield bonds? Is there a demand amongst potential High Yield issuers?
- Local investors/pension funds and high yield bonds: Is there a demand amongst local buyers? What needs to happen to kick-start the market?
Accessing long term US dollar funding: How are corporates approaching the market?
- What are borrowers and issuers outlooks for growth, capex and capital requirements?
- How are borrowers and issuers approaching fund raising? Is there demand for new capital or is the focus on refinancing and liability management?
- Bonds vs. loans vs. alternative sources of capital: Where do companies see value in the debt markets?
- Prospects for private placements and long-term non-USD funding
Hedging and trading: Boosting secondary market liquidity with the introduction of derivatives
- How are pension funds hedging their portfolios?
- Why the introduction of swaps and forwards boosts trading in the local bond markets: What products are available currently? Which products are in the process of being introduced?
- Trading cross-border, inter and intra-regionally
- Refinancing and moving local currency deals into US dollar deals: Are there sufficient hedging tools for borrowers and issuers to do this?
Financing Colombia’s burgeoning real estate sector in the capital markets
- Penetration of mortgage loans across the Andes: Demand and supply for financing
- Who are launching real estate investment funds? How much capital do these funds require and to who are they selling opportunities?
- Leverage and capital markets: How much of the financing will be raised in the bond and loan markets?
Basel III and bank capital: Boosting Tier 1 and Tier 2 capital to meet regulatory requirements with hybrid bonds
- Implementation of Basel III in Colombia and Peru and bank capitalisation: How much core capital is required?
- Issuing hybrid bonds: Preparation, structuring, execution and best practice
- What are the risks of hybrids that issuers and investors should be aware of?
- What is driving demand for hybrid bonds amongst investors?
International vs. local financing: What are the lending capabilities of banks?
- Terms, size, tenor: What is the capacity of the Andean syndicated loan market to provide long term capital for borrowers?
- How much capital are local and regional banks able and willing to put to work?
- What is the appetite amongst international banks to underwrite and syndicate loans? Have politics impacted their demand?
- Attracting new lenders to the market: How can banks and borrowers attract institutional investors and lenders from across Chile, Colombia and Peru to participate in intra/inter-regional deals?
Green Bonds and sustainable finance: Accessing new pools of liquidity
- Who can issue Green Bonds? What assets and cash flows are required to qualify for green/sustainable financing?
- How liquid is the market? How much additional cost is involved issuing green bonds? Are there pricing advantages? How much secondary trading is there?
- What government initiatives and support are in place to move the market forward?
Oil, gas and energy: Still fuelling growth and capital markets activity?
- How has the new equilibrium price of oil impacted economic growth and the businesses of oil and energy companies?
- Supply vs. demand: How have production and capacity measures shifted? How has this impacted the need for debt funding?
- What is the approach and objective of oil, gas and energy companies in the bond and loan markets?
- To hedge or not to hedge: How are oil, gas and energy companies managing risk?
To find out about speaking opportunities email Genevieve.Pressler@GFCMediaGroup.com or call +44 207 045 0933.