*This is a draft agenda and is subject to change
Wednesday 28th February
08.00 Registration and coffee
08.50 Chairman’s opening remarks
Andres Uribe, Managing Director, Head of Colombia and Peru, HSBC
09.00 Keynote address: Interest rates strategy: How will monetary policies continue to support growth, shore up the currency, and fight the impact of inflation?
- Inflation, interest rates, currency and growth: Where are we? What is the trajectory?
- How will upcoming elections across the continent (specifically Colombia Brazil and Mexico) impact interest rates in Peru and Colombia? What policies will the Central Bank implement to maintain stability?
- Protecting the peso and countering inflation vs. supporting GDP: How will policy-makers set interest rates?
- What impact will Venezuela’s default have on interest rates in Colombia and Peru?
Juan José Echavarría, President, Banco de la Republica Colombia
09.30 Keynote address: What is Colombian Ministry of Finance’s outlook and funding strategies for 2018 and beyond?
- Economic growth forecasts, upcoming projects and financing requirements: What are the strategies of the government to implement increasing foreign investment in the coming 12 months?
- How is the government looking to finance the fiscal, pension and trade deficit? Will ongoing and upcoming infrastructure projects take precedence?
Andres-Mauricio Velasco, Technical Deputy Minister of Finance, Republic of Colombia
10.00 Keynote address: How does the Ministry view Peruvian GDP growth and strategies over the coming years?
- What strategies will the government put in place to stimulate this growth?
- How is the government planning to develop local markets and attract private investment and funding to Peruvian projects?
- How will continued political tension between the executive branch and congress impact the execution of future bids?
José Olivares, Director, Directorate of Financial Markets Management, General Directorate of Debt and Public Treasury, Ministry of Economy and Finance, Peru
10.30 Broadening the issuer and investor base: How to develop an Andean High Yield bond market
- Gauging investor appetite for Andean High Yield bonds: Is the hunt for yield really on?
- Cost, structure, timing, transparency: Which Peruvian and Colombian companies are candidates to issue High Yield bonds? Is there a demand amongst potential High Yield issuers?
- Local investors/pension funds and high yield bonds: Is there a demand amongst local buyers? What needs to happen to kick-start the market?
Juan Daniel Frias, Investment Manager, Old Mutual
Felipe Castilla, Chief Financial Officer, Grupo Energía de Bogotá
Santiago Giraldo López, Chief Financial Officer, Tecnoglass Inc.
Pablo Arroyave, Chief Financial Officer, Odinsa
Moderated by: Alejandro Bertuol, Pacific Hub Manager, Fitch Ratings
11.15 Coffee and networking
11.45 Accessing long term US dollar funding: How are corporates approaching the market?
- What are borrowers and issuers outlooks for growth, capex and capital requirements?
- How are borrowers and issuers approaching fund raising? Is there demand for new capital or is the focus on refinancing and liability management?
- Bonds vs. loans vs. alternative sources of capital: Where do companies see value in the debt markets?
- Prospects for private placements and long-term non-USD funding
Jaime Falquez Ortiga, Director of Financial Resources, ISA
Alejandro Piedrahita, Chief Financial Officer, Grupo Argos
Rosemery Carrillo, Chief Financial Officer, Ocensa
Jack Deino, Director, Emerging Markets Debt, Blackrock
Miguel Diaz, Director, Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation (SMBC)
María Carolina Barón, Directora Sector Corporativo y Público, BRC S&P Global Ratings
Moderated by: Carlos Fradique, Partner Capital Markets & Project Finance, Brigard Urrutia
12.35 International vs. local financing: What are the lending capabilities of banks?
- Terms, size, tenor: What is the capacity of the Andean syndicated loan market to provide long term capital for borrowers?
- How much capital are local and regional banks able and willing to put to work?
- What is the appetite amongst international banks to underwrite and syndicate loans? Have politics impacted their demand?
- Attracting new lenders to the market: How can banks and borrowers attract institutional investors and lenders from across Chile, Colombia and Peru to participate in intra/inter-regional deals?
Alex Bertram, Managing Director – Head of Infrastructure Finance and Advisory, Americas, ING
Andres Restrepo Mesa, Director of Structures, Banco Davivienda
Sara Pirzada, Managing Director, Head of Loans Syndications, Americas, Mizuho Americas
Helena Radzyminski, Managing Director, Head of Loan Syndications, Latin America, Natixis
Moderated by: Rodrigo Garcia de Leon, Director, Loans Syndications, Americas, HSBC
13.20 Chile, Colombia and Peru’s ratings outlook: Where are the pressure points?
- Ratings updates for Andean economies: Positive, stable, negative?
- What can be done to stabilise credit ratings in Chile, Colombia and Peru?
- How do sovereigns and corporates protect their ratings against downgrades?
Natalia O’byrne, Head of Corporate, Colombia, Fitch Ratings
13.45 Networking lunch Hosted by; Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
15.00 Macroeconomic outlook: In which direction are growth, inflation, rates and commodities heading and what impact will these have on Andean economies?
- Elections and geo-political rifts: How much will these shocks disrupt the Andean markets?
- Is inflation in Colombia under control? What impact is inflation having on growth and consumer spending?
- Trends in energy and metals prices: How do peaks and troughs affect the economy and the markets?
Edward Glossop, Emerging Markets Economist, Capital Economics
15.30 Oil, gas and energy: Still fuelling growth and capital markets activity?
- How has the new equilibrium price of oil impacted economic growth and the businesses of oil and energy companies?
- Supply vs. demand: How have production and capacity measures shifted? How has this impacted the need for debt funding?
- What is the approach and objective of oil, gas and energy companies in the bond and loan markets?
- To hedge or not to hedge: How are oil, gas and energy companies managing risk?
Aquiles Mercado, Chief Financial Officer, Promigas
Carlos Adrian Linares Penaloza, Chief Financial Officer, Petroperu
Maria Fernanda Suarez, Chief Financial Officer, Ecopetrol
Adrián Garza, Vice President – Senior Analyst, Global Project Finance and Infrastructure Group, Moody’s
Moderator: Andres Pareja, Chief Representative – Colombia, Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation (SMBC)
16.15 Pricing assets in the new norm: How are fixed income assets being priced given anticipated interest rates, FX and political volatility?
- Country risk and bond curves: Where are we headed in 2018?
- How are falls in energy prices putting pressure on Colombian and Peruvian bonds?
- What does the Venezuela default mean to the rest of the Andean fixed income market?
- How are fixed income asset managers generating positive returns in a rising rate environment?
Gustavo Morales Investment and Treasury Manager, Global Seguros de Vida S.A.
Jack Deino, Director, Emerging Markets Debt, Blackrock
Juan Sebastian Restrepo, Portfolio Manager, Old Mutual Colombia
Miguel Angel Gomez, Head of Financing and Investor Relations, Ministry of Finance and Public Credit, Republic of Colombia
Moderated by: Jose Coballasi, Senior Director and Sector Head, Latin America Infrastructure Ratings, S&P Global Ratings
17.00 Chairman’s closing remarks followed by cocktail reception hosted by Mizuho
To find out more about speaking opportunities please contact Rebecca Mead on +44 (0)207 045 0936 or Rebecca.Mead@GFCMediaGroup.com.